Monday, June 11, 2012

One Year Old

My baby is one!  O-N-E!  I can hardly wrap my head around it.  It's hard to believe that a year ago today we were flying down the free-way to try and get to a hospital 10 weeks too soon.  It's hard to believe that a year ago I didn't even know my little Logan, and now...he's pretty much the center of our lives.  And it's incredibly hard to believe how big he's getting!

Logan is quite the little spit fire.  He hasn't quite started crawling yet and if you ever try to "help" him do it he has an absolute fit.  The kind the says "Mom, you just ruined my life by putting me on my hands and knees."  In fact he won't let you help me do anything.  If you grab his hand to guide him to touch something or grab something he jerks it away with this defiant "Just because you want me to I won't." look.  Unless it's his idea to do it...it won't happen.  Pretty sure he gets that stubborn side from me.

Just like his daddy though, he prefers all food salty and savory to the sugary stuff.  And he can't stand ice-cream.  Well...correction...I think he likes the taste of it but he does not like that it's cold.  He even struggles with the cold milk.  He likes his food a nice warm temperature.  He's totally over baby food.  He wants food with substance, but he will not feed himself.  I don't know what the deal is.  He'll pick up his food, he'll squish it in his fingers and then he'll throw it.  He will not put it in his own mouth.  If I offer it to him he's good and he'll open his mouth big and wide and lean in to get it. But he won't put it in his mouth himself.  And don't even try to help him.  He'll have a melt down.  Little turkey.

He's currently learning to wave, and give "high fives", and he has seemed to pick up on the fish face.  Hahaha  Cracks me up.  I'll look over and he'll just be standing there with his little cheeks sucked in and his little lips puckering up.  So adorable.

He thinks it's hilarious when people say "ka-ka"  (Like you would if you were to tell your child that whatever foreign object they are about to put into their mouth is gross.)  ...It doesn't work well with him because when I say it...he laughs.  And that foreign object remains in his mouth.

He is weighing in at 20lbs 7oz.  That's just about 17lbs more than when he started. So he's starting to catch up.  Although he is only in the 45th percentile for his weight and 25th percentile for his height (a shorty), he's making up for it by being in the 90th percentile for his head.  Hahaha.  The kid comes by that honestly.  A true Pack.

We took him back to the hospital today to get ice cream at the cafeteria and to visit some of his nurses.  Those women...they will always hold a special place in my heart.  I know they help hundreds of people every week...and to them I may just be another mom...but to me...those women became some of my closest friends while we were in the NICU.  They were the ones I would talk to all day everyday and they were the ones how calmed me down when we were having a rough day.  They kept me sane.  And most of all...they loved my baby.  I think we'll make it a tradition to go back every year on Logan's birthday.  Just because.  It was one of the hardest times of my life, but it most definately changed it for the better.

We had a pool party for Logan's first birthday, with whales, and fish, and water galore.  Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate with us and it was pretty cold to be out playing in the pool.  Boo.  But we all had a pretty good time despite the cool temperatures.  We had so many friends and family come it was a wonderful reminder of all the good people who were there at the beginning.  

Our little Logan has brought us more joy then I ever thought possible.  We thank our Father in Heaven for him every day, and we pray that he continues to grow and develop as well as he has been.


We had a Pool Party for Logan's First Birthday !  Grandma Sue made this sweet fruit salad!

Happy Birthday Logan!  Your momma sure loves you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment