Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Choose My Love & I Love My Choice

When I first started blogging I started simply to stay in touch with all my married friends who choose blogging as their first means of communication to the outside world. I rarely if ever updated my Singles World blog. But now...since I'm a married myself...I figure...I'll jump on this bandwagon with a little more gusto. And maybe...if I'm diligent...I may end up with some sort of historical reference documenting the ongoings of my new life with my best friend. Wouldn't that be nice?


Like every other girl I know, as I was growing up I had a sort of “wish list” of what kind of man I dreamt I would one day marry. It consisted of things like “funny, charming, full of life, spontaneously romantic, hard worker, great hands, loves his God more than anything, can sing and will sing to me, a good father to our children, etc..." my own personal Capt. Moroni essentially. Now…I was pretty optimistic in my wish list. And after a few years in the dating circuit I came to realize that maybe I was a little TOO optimistic…the "on the verge of being unrealistic" kind of optimistic.

In light of that realization a few years back I decided to toss the list and simply look for a good guy who I can love and who can love me back. I threw out the optimism, and decided to just find someone who I could be pretty happy with. And then…then I met Chad. And all of a sudden…the optimism came back. :) My previous list…of which I deemed out of reach and childishly hopeful…wasn’t so far-fetched. Standing right in front of me, in a gorgeous package of a man, was my list. Well actually…it was more than my list. Because at age 14 I didn’t realize I also wanted a sexy man of God. I didn’t know I NEEDED a man who could make me feel so completely loved and adorned, sexy and beautiful, and genuinely wanted. I never expected to marry a man who is so willing to help me with anything and everything. And I most certainly never would have thought I’d be fortunate enough to marry someone as incredible as Chad.


When I asked my Heavenly Father if I could keep him, I basically said "I have found someone pretty remarkable who makes me incredibly happy...so... if it's all the same to you...I choose him." I chose my love and I love my choice. It's been 2 weeks since we got married and I'm a firm advocate in the marriage movement. Especially if you're fortunate enough to find someone who makes you so genuinely euphoric you find you can't stop smiling.


I've yet to get any pictures of our day. But as soon as I do I will post them and give a recap on the main events. It was a perfect way to start.



3 comments:

  1. You are such a newlywed... you guys are so cute! I love that you have started a blog keep it up. Miss you guys already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Chad! Looks like you picked a winner!
    Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh so sweet!!! I love it! And so happy for you, and so glad to have another inlaw! And I just have always known that you would have an awesome love story and I think it is so true!

    ReplyDelete